Old National Bank is honored to be named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the 10th consecutive year!
Old National Bank was established in 1834. Today, we are the largest financial services holding company headquartered in Indiana. We provide an array of services to our clients which include Community Banking, Investments, and Wealth Management. At Old National, we believe that by helping our associates balance work life with home life, we create a more productive workforce and a stronger company.
Old National Bank is seeking a Corporate Banking Associate for our Minnesota Regional Offices. The Corporate Banking Associate works with assigned Relationship Managers (RMs) in the Corporate and Commercial Real Estate segments. This position provides sales, administrative, loan, deposit and other relevant support to the RMs. This position also serves as primary support for the RM’s clients.
The Corporate Banking Associate provides an enhanced level of support including performing pre-closing duties in addition to working effectively with relevant Bank Partners to resolve client issues and provide a high level of service.
The Corporate Banking Associate may also work with RMs in the Commercial or Business segment to provide more limited sales, administrative and client service support.
Assists with Loan Process
- Collaborates with RMs in contacting clients to gather items needed to prepare a complete application for submission to underwriting (financials, purchase agreements, invoices, etc.).
- Reviews and inputs loan submissions in the Commercial Online Loan system (CML) including reviewing financial information, ownership, loan structure, and compliance needs; responsible for complete and accurate data entry in CML.
- Reviews and manages open applications in CML for assigned RMs.
- During the underwriting phase, collaborates with underwriting teams to obtain any missing client information (financials, project details, etc.).
- Completes loan pre-closing tasks including ordering appraisals, environment reports, and title/UCC searches; performs a detailed and thorough review of entity documents, title insurance, UCC searches, flood determinations, and other supporting documentation.
- Finalizes post-approval in CML and submits documentation request to the centralized team.
- Communicates with in-house and external legal counsel to gather appropriate information for attorney prepared documents.
- Coordinates loan closings and attends loan closings to perform Notary services.
- Submits closed loan packet for funding and booking.
Assists with Portfolio and Credit Administration
- Utilizes the Power BI software to provide assigned RMs with pipeline, portfolio, production and credit information.
- Tracks upcoming loan maturities and contacts clients to request financial information as needed.
- Assists in clearing past due financials, post-closing exceptions, and trailing documents.
Assists with Depository Process
- Opens commercial depository accounts for assigned RMs and acts as a liaison with Treasury Management, Private Banking, and the Community Banking team to facilitate the depository process.
- Acts as a point person in resolving client depository issues with Client Care and Treasury Management Services.
Assists with Sales Support and Administrative Needs
- Conducts research and organizes outreach for business development activities.
- Assists and supports assigned RMs with daily activities including calendar management, incoming calls from clients, and client mailings.
- Understands and complies with all applicable compliance rules and regulations
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Administrative Services/Business or equivalent working experience preferred
- Minimum three years of experience working with commercial banking processes required
- Strong knowledge of bank documents, commercial regulation, and bank compliance policies.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Priority focus on providing excellent service to RMs, Clients and Bank Partners.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in working with RMs, Clients and Bank Partners.
- Appropriate attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Able to adapt and manage changing priorities and deadlines.
Old National is proud to be an equal opportunity employer focused on fostering an inclusive workplace and committed to hiring a workforce comprised of diverse backgrounds, cultures and thinking styles.
As such, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have an agreement signed by the Talent Development Team Leader, VP, to fill a specific position.