Old National Bank was established in 1834. Today we are the largest financial services holding company headquartered in Indiana. We provide an array of services to our clients which include Retail Banking, Investments, and Wealth Management. At Old National we believe that by helping our associates balance work life with home life, we create a more productive workforce and a stronger company.
In 2019, Ethisphere Institute announced Old National Bank as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the eighth consecutive year.
Old National Bank has an exciting IT opportunity in the greater Apple Valley, MN area for a Database Engineer. The Database Engineer is responsible for various aspects of the design, development, administration and implementation of database and application solutions. The Database Engineer will perform engineering and administration for multiple production databases and be responsible for fast-paced complex distributed database environments supporting primarily OLTP and OLAP. The Database Engineer is challenged with a high level of responsibility for engineering, research, development and maintenance of Old National’s core information assets.
- Design, develop and implement data solutions, database programming and test plans.
- Test, validate and implement performance and resource optimization improvements.
- Maintain development and production environments.
- Monitor and maintain database security, application software, data integrity and quality.
- Perform root cause analysis of production-related database issues.
- Available for on-call production databases: daily maintenance, monitoring, problem resolution and internal customer and development support.
- Develop and maintain development standards, database policies, product documentation and support documentation.
- Review, design and develop data models (Business, logical and physical) in conjunction with the application development teams.
- Assist Enterprise Architect in the design and development of enterprise systems.
- Prepare documentations for database design, database objects, system configuration, code migration and change management.
- Create and maintain the enterprise data dictionary.
- Utilize strong query and database tuning techniques.
- Capacity monitoring and management capabilities.
- Evaluate industry trends in database systems and recommend improvement to Old National’s database system management, protocols and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years Database development experience with administering and supporting multiple databases for performance critical, highly available systems.
- Experience managing servers in large-scale, geographically diverse environments.
- Data modeling experience with conducting performance tuning, scalability/capacity planning, in addition to SQL, PL/SQL and UNIX shell scripting.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in creating automation tools for managing relational databases.
- Working knowledge of at least one compiled language (e.g., Java, C++, C#) and at least one scripting language (e.g., Python, Ruby, Perl) is a plus.
- Experience with other Data Persistence platforms: RDBMS, NoSQL, Hadoop is preferred.
- Experience with Data Information Lifecycle Management, Data Security, Big Data is a plus.
- Required knowledge of DBA forms, DB administration and DBA best practices (e.g., schema management, index optimization and use of hints).
- Must have an appetite for learning and passion for driving a positive change.
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse, challenging, dynamic work environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
Old National is proud to be an equal opportunity employer focused on fostering an inclusive workplace and committed to hiring a workforce comprised of diverse backgrounds, cultures and thinking styles.
As such, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have an agreement signed by the Talent Development Team Lead, VP, to fill a specific position.