The BSA / AML Analyst I, II, III requires knowledge of all Bank Secrecy Act regulations including the USA Patriot Act and OFAC regulations with the ability to define problems and propose solutions -- increasing knowledge and expertise for each level I, II, III. The analyst will comply with Old National’s BSA/AML policy, program and procedures for performing SAR, CTR and OFAC responsibilities. The analyst will support Old National’s lines of business and branch locations by performing research, responding to questions and verifying accuracy of information. This position will comply with all state and federal rules, regulations and laws while utilizing sound judgment and the highest degree of confidentiality.
The BSA/AML Operations Analyst must keep abreast with current and emerging money laundering and financial crime trends. They must also understand the Risk Appetite of the bank and be able to manage, identify and adjust to the changing customer risk profile of the bank which includes the ability to structure “outside of the box” solutions.
- Perform analytical reviews for suspicious activity or potential OFAC matches generated by various surveillance delivery channels to make a determination if further investigation is necessary or if a SAR is required. Ensure all SARs are prepared and filed with FinCEN on a timely basis. Make assessments of suspicious activity and collaborate on SAR decisions for reporting with management and the BSA Officer.
- Responsible for all aspects of the case investigations: Complete thorough and objective investigation reports, evaluation of evidence, recommendation on SAR or no SAR decision, preparation of supporting documentation, and completion of case file providing detailed notes and SAR narratives.
- Assist the Senior BSA/AML Analyst with BSA/AML and/or OFAC compliance related issues, procedures, as well as daily regulatory reporting. Utilizes available bank systems to monitor, process and analyze information and file required reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Reviews system generated Currency Transaction Reports (CTR's) against daily reports to ensure accuracy and completeness. Ensure all CTR's are prepared and filed on a timely basis. Follows-up with branches regarding errors or omissions in submitted information. Maintains and monitors monetary instrument logs. Ensures procedures are adhered to with regards to timely CTR's. Tracks and reports exceptions.
- Participates in compliance training and additional continuing education to maintain proficiency in the laws and regulations affecting financial institutions regarding BSA/AML and OFAC.
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned by management, make recommendations on enhancements to BSA/AML policies and procedures; provide technical compliance support when issues or questions arise with various operating units; assist as advisor in new product and/or service development.
- Job responsibilities assigned using a risk-based approach based upon experience, education and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or related field of study
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Fundamental knowledge of banking and financial service company principles, philosophies, and operational concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of BSA regulations, OFAC regulations, USA PATRIOT Act, Fraud Scenarios, Criminal Situations, and Internal Crimes
- Problem solving skills with the ability to define problems and propose solutions
- Required competency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially advanced use of Excel to manipulate data for analysis.
- Levels will be determined based on education and related experience. Level I = 1-3 years of BSA or equivalent experience; Level II = minimum 3-5 years of experience; Level III =5+ years
Old National is proud to be an equal opportunity employer focused on fostering an inclusive workplace and committed to hiring a workforce comprised of diverse backgrounds, cultures and thinking styles.
As such, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have an agreement signed by the Talent Development Team Leader, VP , to fill a specific position.