Old National Bank was established in 1834. Today we are the largest financial services holding company headquartered in Indiana. We provide an array of services to our clients which include Retail Banking, Investments, and Wealth Management. At Old National we believe that by helping our associates balance work life with home life, we create a more productive workforce and a stronger company.
In 2019, Ethisphere Institute announced Old National Bank as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the eighth consecutive year.
Old National Bank has grown from an $8B bank in 2005 to a $20B bank in 2019. With this growth, Old National is looking for improved ways of handling projects using Project Management methodology with the addition of Agile Scrum methodology. With that, we would like to find an experienced Project Manager with interest in working as an Agile Scrum Master. This Project Manager will work mostly in the area of traditional Project Management initially and as such will initiate, plan, execute, control and close projects according to Old National’s established project management methodology. In conjunction with the project sponsors, the Project Manager defines the project’s objectives, success criteria and scope, schedule and budget. The Project Manager also builds the project team and directs their efforts to ensure that project objectives are met or exceeded according to plan, per quality standards. As the Scrum Master role evolves, you will support the team and the Product Owner by helping them communicate, solve problems and deliver a great product. Using Agile methodology, the Scrum Master ensures that goals, scope and product domain are understood by everyone on the team, coaches the development of the team in self-organization, facilitates scrum events as needed and removes impediments to the team’s progress. Therefore, if you are an experienced Project Manager with some experience using Agile Scrum methodology and an interest in branching out to the Scrum Master role, you should consider Old National Bank.
- Direct and manage assigned projects from beginning to end.
- Define the project’s business case, scope, goals and deliverables that support business with priorities set by senior management and other stakeholders.
- Develop detailed project plans. Depending on the size of the effort, this may also include unique plans for risk management, communications, training, change management, configuration management and/or quality management.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Serve as the ‘project’s’ liaison with project stakeholders and senior management.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit ‘project’ budget proposals and recommend and obtain approvals for any budget variances as necessary.
- Where required, negotiate (with support from executive sponsors) the acquisition of staffing and project resources needed to complete the project.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments as approved during the project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders. Provide rollout plans to business representatives in a timely manner and keep them consistently updated per how the project(s) will affect their businesses.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate staff.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans.
- Communicate and resolve issues and conflicts that arise in an efficient and effective manner.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors to influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful project elements and opportunities for improvement.
- Support the development of best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years of project management experience with a track record of success on large, complex projects.
- PMI certification is a plus, but not a requirement.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Understanding of financial services workflows and enabling applications is a plus but not a requirement.
- Astute presenter that is able to wield influence through the use of statistical analysis eg: selling the cost benefit of a new initiative to senior management.
- Technically competent with various software programs such as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources including upper management, clients and other departments.
- Politically sensitive and astute.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Old National is proud to be an equal opportunity employer focused on fostering an inclusive workplace and committed to hiring a workforce comprised of diverse backgrounds, cultures and thinking styles.
As such, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have an agreement signed by the Talent Development Team Leader, VP, to fill a specific position.