Old National Bank is honored to be named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the 10th consecutive year!
Old National Bank was established in 1834. Today, we are the largest financial services holding company headquartered in Indiana. We provide an array of services to our clients which include Community Banking, Investments, and Wealth Management. At Old National, we believe that by helping our associates balance work life with home life, we create a more productive workforce and a stronger company.
We are currently seeking a Commercial Banking Specialist that will work with assigned Relationship Managers (RMs) in the Commercial and Business segments. This position provides sales, administrative, loan, deposit and other relevant support to the RMs. This position also provides primary support for the RM’s clients.
The Commercial Banking Specialist understands the overall commercial workflow and processes and works effectively with relevant Bank Partners to resolve client issues and provide a high level of service.
Assists with Loan Process
- Collaborates with RMs in contacting clients to gather items needed to prepare a complete application for submission (financials, purchase agreements, invoices, etc.).
- Prepares loan requests utilizing required forms or the Commercial Online Application (CML) software. Submits applications to the Loan Fulfillment team for further input and processing.
- Reviews and manages open applications in CML for assigned RMs.
- During the underwriting and pre-closing phase, collaborates with Underwriting teams and Loan Fulfillment to obtain any missing client information (financials, entity documentation, signers, etc.).
- Coordinates loan closings and attends loan closings to perform Notary services.
- Submits closed loan packet to Loan Fulfillment for funding and booking.
Assists with Portfolio and Credit Administration
- Utilizes the Power BI software to provide assigned RMs with pipeline, portfolio, production and credit information.
- Tracks upcoming loan maturities and contacts clients to request financial information as needed.
- Assists in clearing past due financials, post-closing exceptions, and trailing documents.
Assists with Depository Process
- Opens commercial depository accounts for assigned RMs and acts as a liaison with Treasury Management, Private Banking, and the Community Banking team to facilitate the depository process.
- Acts as a point person in resolving client depository issues with Client Care and Treasury Management Services.
Assists with Sales Support and Administrative Needs
- Conducts research and organizes outreach for business development activities.
- Assists and supports assigned RMs with daily activities including calendar management, incoming calls from clients, and client mailings.
- Understands and complies with all applicable compliance rules and regulations.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associate’s degree in Administrative Services/Business or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum three years of administrative and/or banking experience preferred; 1+ years of experience working with commercial processes.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Priority focus on providing excellent service to RMs, Clients and Bank Partners.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in working with RMs, Clients and Bank Partners.
- Appropriate attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Able to adapt and manage changing priorities and deadlines.
Old National is proud to be an equal opportunity employer focused on fostering an inclusive workplace and committed to hiring a workforce comprised of diverse backgrounds, cultures and thinking styles.
As such, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have an agreement signed by the Talent Acquisition Director, VP, to fill a specific position.