Old National Bank is honored to be named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the 10th consecutive year!
Old National Bank was established in 1834. Today, we are the largest financial services holding company headquartered in Indiana. We provide an array of services to our clients which include Community Banking, Investments, and Wealth Management. At Old National, we believe that by helping our associates balance work life with home life, we create a more productive workforce and a stronger company.
We are seeking a SBA Servicing Manger that will be responsible for ensuring compliance with US Small Business Administration (SBA) ongoing monitoring, servicing and liquidation requirements. Provides SBA expertise for the evaluation of closing compliance and credit modifications specific to SBA eligibility, quality standards and documentation. Accurate documentation is critical to supporting the bank’s preferred lending status, reputation with the Agency and maximizing likelihood of guaranty payment in the event of loan default. Remains current on SBA Servicing & Liquidation SOP changes to ensure continued compliance with regulations and, as the primary subject matter expert, serve as the key internal SBA servicing and liquidation resource for the SBA Lending Team. With Relationship Managers, Special Assets Officers, SBA Credit Underwriters, SBA Loan Closers, the Servicing Manager is jointly responsible for effective interaction with clients to enhance customer experience.
- Participates in the review of and recommendation of changes to the Bank’s SBA loan policy.
- Manages a team of SBA Servicing Coordinators and appropriately manages department workflow, policy and procedures.
- Responsible for recruiting, training and retaining SBA Servicing Coordinator(s).
- Remain current on all aspects of SBA Servicing & Liquidation requirements, including SBA’s Servicing & Liquidation SOP and Servicing Matrix and coordinates dissemination of changes to appropriate departments within the Bank.
- SBA Servicing Manager along with the SBA Underwriting and Closing Managers are jointly responsible for the development and implementation of file review procedures to protect the SBA guaranty. This includes the review of legacy and acquired SBA loan portfolios to assess likelihood of guaranty payment in the event of loan default.
- Assist Credit Administration and Special Assets with:
- SBA eligibility assessments of loan modifications, credit monitoring, servicing and liquidation requirements.
- Review, analysis and structuring of complex credit situations with recommendations on acceptable repayment strategies to maximize repayment ability and maintain the SBA guaranty.
- Ensuring SBA workout and liquidation requirements are met, i.e. care and preservation of collateral and site visits.
- Review and submission of SBA Guaranty Purchase and Charge-Off Packages to SBA.
- Review of Forbearance Agreements and/or Change in Terms to SBA Loans to ensure SBA compliance.
- Cross training and communication of changes in SBA policies, training opportunities and best practices.
- Produce, collect and/or assemble required loan modification documentation to support the SBA guaranty in the event of default.
- Ensure change in terms to existing SBA Loans and/or conventional loans to SBA Borrowers meet SBA eligibility and documentation requirements.
- Approves changes on behalf of SBA for requests falling within the Bank’s unilateral authority, as identified by the SBA.
- Obtains SBA approval for requests not falling within the Bank’s unilateral authority.
- Responsible for ongoing reconciliation of the Bank’s portfolio as reported in the 1502 report, SBA Etran, SBA Lender Portal, SBA Quarterly Status Report and SBA 7(a) Connect. This includes but is not limited to working with SBA Servicing Center, SBA Denver Finance Office, National Guaranty Purchase Center, SBA Office of Lender Oversight, and SBA Office of Credit Risk Management.
- Assists in providing support to the Gain on Sale process and proper management of loans sold in the secondary market.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Four year BS/BA degree with concentration in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 7 to 10 years of Commercial and SBA Loan Servicing. Advanced knowledge of SBA 7a loan documentation and credit collateral procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of SBA Standard Operating Procedures.
- Competence in formal writing, organizational abilities of material, presentation skills, grammatical structure and accuracy, syntax and vocabulary; an ability to construct coherent sentences and paragraphs; technical financial writing experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of commercial loan documentation and business entity documentation.
- Experience creating commercial loan documents in Laser Pro or equivalent software.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Adobe.
- Ability to make decisions independently in areas that may not necessarily be clearly defined.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines in an independent manner.
- High attention to detail, in a fast-paced, high-production professional environment exhibiting strong problem solving skills.
Old National is proud to be an equal opportunity employer focused on fostering an inclusive workplace and committed to hiring a workforce comprised of diverse backgrounds, cultures and thinking styles.
As such, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have an agreement signed by the Talent Acquisition Director, VP, to fill a specific position.